Sunday, January 24, 2010

Six Questions With Robert Moss

On May 29th Rob's band Dirty Money will be playing their last show ever. London's where you need to be if you want to catch that. Chances are he'll be wearing his yellow XXL De La Soul shirt for the occasion, while riffing it up on stage. Yeah, Rob's cool like that."Six Questions With..." is kind of a new thing I'm trying to get going here and I figured Rob would be a good first.

What was the last record you bought?

It was actually a Strength For A Reason record I think.

If you could travel back in time and roadie on any tour that ever happened, what tour would that be?

Any Pantera tour. I'd be drowning in black-tooth-grins with ma boy Dime. Watch it go!

If you could erase one album from the history of music, which one would that be and why?

"My Love. My Way" by Modern Life Is War. For inspiring too many people stuck in 2006 to form paint-by-numbers "epic" sounding bands that are just fundamentally boring.

What is your favorite record that never was? Meaning it never got fully written, recorded or released at all but it would have been awesome if it had been...

The Dirty Money LP? Ha! Maybe a full length Merauder record with Eddie Sutton singing. A progression from that demo. That would be interesting to hear. I don't mean I want to hear Sutton singing "Master Killer", I mean something new & specific to that lineup.

What are your musical predictions for 2010?

Within UKHC specifically I imagine things drifting along here with not much change. I'd expect maybe half a dozen really good records worldwide. In the UK there might be one or two interesting things in the planning stages. I imagine I'll start hearing a lot of bands doing watered down Trapped Under Ice riffs and other people getting really excited by that. I think more bands will start to do crossover records between hardcore and other genres and people will say they like them even if the music is bad out of fear of being accused that they 'don't get it'. At the same time I think a handful bands (outside the bands I expect) will do something massively creative and fun.

Favorite Some Kind Of Monster quote?

Lars' Dad - "I would say... delete that. I don't know for you guys, but for me it doesn't cut it..."

1 comment:

jmn said...

wasn't your band a Cold World rip off?